Synthetic turf is becoming commonly used in rooftop applications such as ball courts and recreational areas.
The Shockwave EcoBase system is the ideal solution for a rooftop synthetic turf facility and can be installed in conjunction with a variety of synthetic turf types. Notts Sport can meet and discuss the surface options to ensure that the right combination and design is employed to as closely as possible to offer the best possible performance for your project.
Some additional benefits of the system for rooftop projects include:
- ShockWave shortens construction periods - the ShockWave system performs the function of being both a base layer and shockpad which reduces overall installation time compared to other systems
- ShockWave has a very high strength-to-weight ratio with load bearing structural support, ideal for rooftop applications
- ShockWave provides acoustical properties ideal to lessen the noise impact of footfall & play on the floor(s) below
- ShockWave maximises player comfort for a range of sports – rugby, football, hockey, GAA
- ShockWave is easily transportable (each Shockwave tile measures 1.20m x 0.90m) & lightweight
- ShockWave is simple to install with no large machinery needed or specialist seaming / jointing so it’s ideal where rooftop projects have multiple trades working concurrently
- ShockWave provides thermically stable performance – tests show the system provides the same insulation as an aggregate blanket more than a metre deep
- ShockWave can even be installed with a bedding layer to allow installation on a rooftop that is not constructed on a single plane
- ShockWave provides excellent horizontal drainage properties meaning can be installed over a non-porous base membrane if required
- ShockWave provides long term peace of mind with performance warranties available for 30 years
Notts Sport have developed an enviable world-wide reputation for high quality, artificial sports surfaces and multi-use games areas with an impressive portfolio of clients that includes sporting bodies, clubs and associations, schools, local authorities and the private sector.
We have more than 32 years’ experience in designing, advising upon and supplying non-turf surfacing for cricket, tennis, hockey and football – and we offer a comprehensive service, from our free consultation and design advice right through to installation and aftercare.